buddycloud summit: a list of everything we made
The first buddycloud summit was a great success. It’s awesome to see how the buddycloud-community grows and how many people from far and wide contribute to building a new open future using the buddycloud architecture.
We say thank you to Sonny from Allicante, Dodo from Dresden, Tuomas from Paris and Andy from Lancashire for joining our Munich crowd - and all the others from all over the world dropping in remotely: From Europe to the US West coast.
A big thank you also goes to Hillert & Co for making their great office space available to us again!
What we worked on - our dev highlights:
- experimented with buddycloud on Firefox Mobile OS/boot to gecko and had a nice visit from a Mozilla rep - good to be hooked up.
- Sonny built a faceblogging tool using WebRTC and buddycloud: take a photo and push it into your channel.
- great progress on the Android client - started on a means to check for existing friends on buddycloud, and to upload to the media server.
- firstname.lastname@example.org setup buddycloud on eldergods.com and joined the buddycloud federation
- first real use of the media server
- first real use of the API server
- plugin galore: a github plugin that pushes commits into a buddycloud channel and the opening of the buddycloud toolbox page
- Jenkins buddycloud plugin
- text - working out how we describe buddycloud on a features page
- https://github.com/lloydwatkin/buddycloud-webclient-plugins/tree/master/scrobble (scrobble to buddycloud)
- debugging some federation glitches (yes, even the super-ultra-mega-awesome bc dev team makes mistakes)